As things get crazy in the world, desperate people may resort to doing crazy things, like breaking into another person’s home. If you’re a homeowner, there are plenty of things you can do to help prevent a burglary at your home. Here are some ideas:
- Ensure that your front and back doors are solid, or at least do not have windows that would allow a burglar to reach inside to unlock the door.
- Install good exterior lighting near points of entry, if city regulations allow it.
- Build some automation into your home. Setting up timers for lights and other devices can make it look like you’re at home when you’re not.
- Post a Beware of Dog sign, even if you don’t own a dog.
- Have someone stay at your home when you’re away.
- Make sure your social networking posts aren’t giving potential thieves an itinerary of the best times to break into your house.